Friday 22 March 2019

Why Should You Study Abroad?

By: Nicole Carr

When I sat down to write this blog post, I had to decide how I wanted to format it.  Did I want to do a post about my decision-making process, did I want to make it funny, or did I want to go into a long essay? Really, there were a million thoughts about how to approach this. Then, I sat back and thought, what kind of post would I most like to read? Well, the answer to that is one that is short and to the point, but also informative. So, with that in mind, that is exactly what I am going to try and do! There are literally a MILLION reasons that you should study abroad, but to keep it short and sweet, I am simply going to list the top 4 of them for you…

1. You get to travel the world!!!!! I mean, seriously, what else do you need? When you choose to do a study abroad program, you are giving yourself the opportunity to go to countries that you normally might not have ever gotten to go to. Taking weekends to go to other countries and experience all new cultures. You are giving yourself an opportunity to learn so much about other places and to just grow and experience. 

2. You get to meet a TON of new and cool people. One of the best parts of a Study Abroad program is all the new friends that you will get to make. 

3. It looks AMAZING on a resume. Studying abroad while in college allows you to put on your resumne that you are adaptable, have experienced cultures, and know how to interact with all different kinds of people! It can give you an edge over people when you are trying to get a job.

4. And last but not least, it is a life-changing experience. Study Abroad programs force you out of your comfort zone and make you get out there and do things that you normally might not do. They allow you to grow as a person and to learn more about yourself and everyone else around you. It is a time for personal growth and learning. 
Participating in Study Abroad is a chance to expand your knowledge of other cultures and to learn more about yourself at the same time. If you ask me, I think that everyone should be able to participate in this program. 

And not that I’m biased or anything, but I think if you’re going to do one, it needs to be Harlaxton, but I’m just saying…

Well, to keep this short and sweet as I promised, I’m going to wrap this post up by saying one last thing: GO ON A STUDY ABROAD!!! I can personally promise you that you will never regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment