Thursday 30 August 2012

Introducing Rebecca Moore

23 August 2012



Before my departure to Harlaxton, I felt every possible emotion. Twice. While I had been to the UK, I never had to pack to go for such a long time. I didn't know if I could do it. How was I ever going to fit all the essentials into ONE suitcase? Needless to say, I had numerous freak outs during the packing process. Because of my concerns about packing, I finished early. However, that gave me time to freak out about everything else. What if I lose the group during the journey to school? What if I lose my luggage? What if I have the only seat away from the group on the plane? These were just the worries over the journey TO school. I also worried about my roommate and new classmates, the traveling once I got to school, and keeping in touch with my friends. I had been taken over by the biggest bubble of nerves and excitement. On one hand, I knew everything that could go wrong, but I still found myself tremendously excited. The excitement slowly started to take over the nerves. By the day before my flights, I had done everything I could to be prepared and had transferred all my nervous energy into excitement. I couldn't wait to meet everyone and start my traveling. Even though I knew there would be some bumps along the way, I couldn't wait to start my journey to becoming a Harlaxton student.

No comments:

Post a Comment