Thursday 30 August 2012

Introducing Vicky Vail

21 August 2012



I already have a blog at victoriasventure.blogspot.com where you can see this post too :) It's titled "Leaving Home - Taking the Road Less Traveled By" "I shall be telling this with a sigh Somewhere ages and ages hence: two roads diverged in a wood, and I --I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." ~Robert Frost, The Road not Taken Over the past few days I have been "exploring home" (see previous posts) - but now the time has come to "leave home" and keep walking down my little path called life. Since I’m always travelling and living in different places I’ve often been confused about where I’m from. However, there are some things that I am sure of: -Every time I leave one place it never gets easier to say good-bye -Each new location I discover teaches me new things-I will always be surrounded by amazing people :) -Every place I go to gives me new priceless memories. I will be living in England until the beginning of December and I couldn't even begin to tell you how STOKED I am!!!! Out of all of the countries and places that I didn't see while growing up in Europe it was England. But now, I get to live in a MANOR HOUSE! I am going to see cities that I have always wanted to visit. I will get to explore another culture. And I’ll get to be there for longer than just a vacation! The countdown to when I would arrive has been going on since I first heard about Harlaxton. Now that I am ONLY 3 DAYS away from this new journey I can't believe it. I can't believe that I am going to live out of a suitcase for 3 months. I can't believe that I am going to be a part of an English family which will allow me to be more immersed in the culture. I can't believe that I, an English student, will get to study Jane Austen and Shakespeare in England, of all places! However, it doesn't come without sacrifices. I will miss my friends who aren’t with me. I will have to adjust to another culture. And most of all, I will have to sacrifice money. I know that this experience will be worth every cent. I definitely expect to learn how to budget much better over the next few months. I know I can't do everything and I can't go everywhere but I’ll just have to get involved at Harlaxton instead. :) Exactly 3 days from now my flight will have just taken off from Frankfurt, Germany, to London, England. There is one more thing that I have to add to my list of what I am sure of: that I am going to have a very unique experience over there, which will change me. I have chosen to make these sacrifices, to try something different and new, and it is going to make "all the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment